Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

100 Days

Well, according to IYWT's website, today marks 100 days that I've been in Brasil. It's kind of weird, honestly though, because by the 100th day of school it feels like you've been there for a millennium and a half whereas now I feel like I've been here about 2 months maximum. Though I guess maybe that's because you don't get to count weekends to get to the hundredth day of school.

Anyways, there is not too much to do on vacation. I've been going up to the downtown on foot a lot, especially to the bank. The exercise is nice, as is my increasing knowledge of the city. 

On Friday there was a Rotary meeting at the waterpark in Olímpia, about 45 minutes from Mirassol and that was super fun. It's all natural water and it's like really warm, but it's also pretty cool - nothing compared to the dells, but still up there. But also it was strange to speak English at a normal speed and be understood. I almost forgot I had that capability.

Anyways, there was this giant half-sphere like thing with ropes and you could climb up it and shove people off the top, which I found as a pretty big highlight; I went on it 3 times. Also though, the refeesment areas are in this like glass tank filled with water and so you don't have to stand on hard pavement just to drink some water or something.

Also here's our Christmas tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment