Translate

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Aii, Desculpa

Oops, I didn't write for awhile because we didn't have wifi for a few days and then the normal internet went out too but also I kinda was just having fun not writing, though I know I'll regret that later when I look back and can't remember some of the cool things I've done. 

Anyways, we went to a Rotary meeting on Tuesday or Wednesday and that was kinda fun. It's a really small club but also not many people were at that meeting. They had us go up and talk about our cities and that was a challenge considering I'd been there all of three days. It was fun though. And that night and the next I stayed at my second host family's house with the other exchange student because my family went to São Paulo to get a Mexican visa for my host brother who leaves tomorrow.

Also we have been going to school and all the kids are still into the picture taking and facebook adding, but then they like to also chat on facebook... This is weird but kind of nice. At least it was til this one kid told me I write like a six year old. First, I don't know the kid. Second, is that a compliment, an insult, or a fact?? Whatever.

Also, yesterday we went to Monte Libano, which is a sport club that's pretty fancy and had a churrasco and lots of family and other people were there including some of these crazy girls who like to obsess over the mexican exchange student so that was funny because we learned that he was the background of one of their phones, but also we did the cup song thing and that was nice; connecting without needing Portuguese.

Later me and the other exchange student and my host sister went to a churrasco for a guy in out class at school and it was super fun because I got to talk to some of my classmates that I don't talk to as much in school.

Today we had churrasco here and lots of people came over aka the grandmother and aunt and uncles and cousins on my host mom's side of the family and also some neighbors and my host sibling's friends and at one point when the family was leaving, everyone was crying except me, the neighbors, and the other exchange student and let's just say that was awkward.

But whatever, it's been fun and after tomorrow I guess my Portguese will have to improve because there will be no more English speakers. This, however, is for the better.

Ok, tchau tchau.

No comments:

Post a Comment