Translate

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Aniversarios e Mais

Since the inbound weekend, I haven't done too many overly exciting things. I went to a bunch of birthday things with my host sister this past weekend and those were fun. 

I also went swimming in the pool here the other day for the first time the other day. Unless you count the time I fell off the raft thing because my host sister and her friend made me laugh. But actual swimming was a bit more fun. It's getting hotter and hotter and I'm beginning to appreciate the cold a lot more than I ever thought possible.

Today we finally applied for our temporary stay licenses with the federal police which is probably a good thing considering we only have 30 says to do so without some pretty drastic potential reprecussions like getting kicked out of the country. It wasn't that exciting. They took a bunch of fingerprints and the lady spelled Chicago like Chigaco and I didn't correct here but that's about it. But speaking of this, it's so weird to think that I've been here almost 30 days and if every month passes this quickly then I'll feel as though I haven't been here for hardly any time. 

There are things that I miss, like quality cheese and familiarity but it's so much less stressful here, even when I remember that I have to college applications like everyone else. But I like this language, despite how little I speak of it. And the people here are crazy. In the best way possible. Well, some of them are a little intimidating but I really like them. Honestly, Brazilians like to talk so much about themselves and about each other. But not like gossiping. Mostly they just like to know and share things for the sake of everyone having lots of information. They're not so judgemental; like they make fun of people but not to be cruel. It's interesting.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, last Thirsday I went with two of my friends from school and watched a muay thai class that they usually take. Then we went and ate hot dogs. Hot dogs here are sooooooo much better than in the US; I don't think I can ever eat another one of those after having eaten them here. But it was super cool getting to hang out with people besides my host sister, just because I have other friends besides her and her friends.

I forget everything else I did, but it's been pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment