Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day Two of 15 Minutes of Fame

Okay so first, I lied; this school starts at like age two or something. Instead of most classes we went around and introduced ourselves to all the younger kids and answered their questions. On the bright side, this meant that I knew every class I was in because it was basically only math, more math, and English. 

In English the teacher lady studied abroad and she made us come talk about ourselves in English and now she thinks we don't speak any Portuguese which is fine with me, I guess. Oh, but when we were going around to the classes, the person who I presume is the principal kept telling the kids they could come talk to us and they didn't have to giggle and stare from a distance anymore. I also saw my host aunt and cousins except for one because he's in one of the only two non-high school classes we didn't go to.

In other news, I have come to realize that of everyone, the only person I never understand is my host mother. This is unfortunate. Last night she told me to get a coat because today would be cold and it took about 15 minutes for me to understand and their neighbor just kinda sat there and watched our interaction amusedly.

Also though, I stayed at my second host family's house last night so my host mom and brother could go to São Paulo so my brother could get a Mexican visa but I didn't really understand that either for quite some time. On the bright side, that got cleared up.

Tonight we go to a Rotary meeting. Haha, too bad I forgot to grab nice shoes before I left last night. But the again, also too bad I didn't understand what was going on for most of last night. Also there are lots of mosquitos and I have so many bug bites which is fine, whatever, but the one making my eye swollen is mildly annoying. 

Oh, I also finally learned the word for "slow" so this is a plus in terms of communication.

K, tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment