Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Escola

Today I went to school, in this place called Coopem on the other side of the town and there are lots of kids from probably like kindergarten or something all the way through the third (and last) year of high school. Basically, we were like celebrities there and everyone of all ages knew who we were and would come up and say hi in Portuguese or English and want to talk a lot. 

I was in the second year of their high school with the Mexican exchange student and we had like our 15 minutes of fame except it was actually a lot of hours. Honestly, so many kids sleep that I probably learned as much as they did and I don't speak Portuguese. Also everyone talks the entire time and basically the teacher either teaches to those who are listening or doesn't really teach much at all. I have yet to figure out what the first hour was today.... And Mondays have way too much physics.

But I made some friends, whose names I don't know but that's not particularly relevant. They also were major fans of origami and my pencil spinning habits. Also Arabic. They were nice and spoke really slow Portuguese except in some cases where they realized I was never going to understand them and they made one of their friends translate for me.

All in all, I like going to school because the people are cool and I don't have the stress of needing to do well...or do anything, really. And we left before some biology class started, so that was another plus. Also the dog named Hanna really likes the swimming pool. She swam all day yesterday, which is more than anyone else thus far.

1 comment:

  1. Jaia, Jaia, Jaia how I envy you for your relatively unstressful school life! And Mary has become super unorganized without you and is texting me at ridiculous times asking when things are due.

    ReplyDelete